Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

joshtrap
Frequent Visitor

Teams Phone Data for Power Bi

Hi there, 

I am looking to create a productivity report for my organization based off of data from teams and some other data sources. Is it possible to connect call data to power bi for everyone in my organization? 

Thanks! 

2 REPLIES 2
v-kaiyue-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @joshtrap ,

Can I ask if your problem has been resolved? If it has been resolved, could you please mark useful replies as ‘Answered’? This will help others in the community to easily find a solution if they are experiencing the same problem as you. Thanks.

If your Current Period does not refer to this, please clarify in a follow-up reply.

Best Regards,

Clara Gong

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

johnbasha33
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

@joshtrap 

1. Microsoft Teams Usage Reports: Microsoft provides built-in usage reports for Teams that offer insights into user activity, such as the number of calls, meetings, messages, and active users. These reports are available in the Microsoft 365 admin center and can be exported to Excel or CSV format. You can then import these files into Power BI for further analysis.

2. Microsoft Graph API: The Microsoft Graph API allows you to programmatically access data from Microsoft 365 services, including Teams. You can use the Teams usage reports API to retrieve detailed usage data, such as call and meeting metrics, user activity, and more. You can then connect Power BI to the Microsoft Graph API and import the data directly into your Power BI reports.

3. Third-Party Solutions: There are also third-party solutions and connectors available that specialize in integrating Teams data with Power BI. These solutions often provide pre-built dashboards and reports for analyzing Teams usage, performance, and adoption metrics. You can explore these solutions to see if they meet your organization's needs.

Here's a basic outline of how you could connect Microsoft Teams data to Power BI using the Microsoft Graph API:

1. Register your application in the Azure portal and obtain the necessary permissions to access Teams data via the Microsoft Graph API.

2. Use Power BI's Web data connector to connect to the Microsoft Graph API and authenticate with your application's credentials.

3. Query the Teams usage reports API to retrieve the desired data, such as call metrics, user activity, etc.

4. Transform and model the data in Power BI as needed to create meaningful visualizations and reports.

5. Schedule data refreshes in Power BI to ensure that your reports are always up-to-date with the latest Teams usage data.

Keep in mind that accessing Teams data via the Microsoft Graph API may require administrator consent and compliance with Microsoft's terms of service and data privacy regulations. Make sure to review Microsoft's documentation and guidelines for accessing Teams data via the Graph API, and consult with your organization's IT and legal teams as needed.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos !!

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.