Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

ArchStanton
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Team Name does not exist

Hi

At present Team XYZ does not exist as its own seperate entity within the system, this team will be created in the coming months.

I can however filter on the 20 employee names that will make up XYZ as a temporary solution.

Can I create a measure where I can use these 20 names as a sort of a filter in my visuals? 
Is this even possible?

I know I can manually filter these names and perhaps that is the only way?

Grateful for any help / advice on this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Slim-
Regular Visitor

Hi @ArchStanton 

There are many ways to do it, however they can be pretty tedious if there are no data in common that differentiate these employees from other.

For example you could create a new column in DAX with a IF(name = A || name = B || name = C || ..., Team XYZ, BLANK())

Not sure if I'm clear enough,

Regards,

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Slim-
Regular Visitor

Hi @ArchStanton 

There are many ways to do it, however they can be pretty tedious if there are no data in common that differentiate these employees from other.

For example you could create a new column in DAX with a IF(name = A || name = B || name = C || ..., Team XYZ, BLANK())

Not sure if I'm clear enough,

Regards,

Thank you and apologies for the late reply, I knew about this calculated column option but tried to avoid it - don't think I have much choice.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.