Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Morfin

Take data from one table to another

Hello!

I have two tables. First have columns Name and Date. Second  - Name, Date, Money.

In Power Query i need to make user functions which from second table add column Money in first table.

It is look like vlookup.

Can some one help me to do this ?)

5 REPLIES 5
Nathaniel_C
Super User
Super User

Hi @Morfin ,

Go to the home tab in Power Query, and select Merge Queries

Let me know if you have any questions.

If this solves your issues, please mark it as the solution, so that others can find it easily. Kudos 👍are nice too.
Nathaniel

merge.PNG

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

I should do it without merges)

Hi @Morfin 

Could you please let me know why you don't want to use merge? Is your data structure a little special so Merge Queries is not applicable to it?

Per my understanding, merge queries is the simplest way to realize your requirement. With a merge query, you can achieve similar goals to the Excel VLOOKUP function.

You can select First Table in the Queries and click Merge Queries to get new columns into First Table. In Merge window, you can select one or multiple columns to match rows. In the following image, I select Name and Date columns to match with. After merging, you can click the NewColumn expand icon and select which columns to add to First Table. You can also add aggregate values in this step.

112403.jpg

Reference:

Merge queries (Power Query) - Excel (microsoft.com)

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing Zhang
If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help other members find it.

Why is that?

You might try this https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/M-Query-lookupvalue/td-p/830337

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.