Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Sanket1234

Tachometer dynamic target setting

I have multiple tachometer for multiple machines ,and it must change its target values as per given in excel the values of r2 and R3 changes if we do change in excel numbers .
but when excel is imported in pbi its shows aggregated data not exact values for exact machine
i have machinename , r2 ,r3 

WorkstationnameR2R3
ATM103060
ATM34070
ATM52550
ATM63050
ATM94065
SPS15070
SPS23555

3 REPLIES 3
v-jiewu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Sanket1234 ,

First of all, many thanks to  for your very quick and effective replies.

Based on my testing, the excel is imported in pbi it is shows exact values.

please try the following methods:

1.Create the excel file.

vjiewumsft_0-1714383114279.png

2.Get the data from excel file in power bi desktop.

vjiewumsft_1-1714383152995.png

3.The result is shown below.

vjiewumsft_2-1714383159758.png

Best Regards,

Wisdom Wu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

AnalyticsWizard
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

@Sanket1234 

1. Make sure that the data types in Power BI for R2 and R3 are set to not aggregate by default. In your Power BI data model, select the columns R2 and R3, then in the Modeling tab, set the 'Default Summarization' to 'Don't Summarize'. This change will prevent Power BI from automatically aggregating these columns in visuals.

2. To display the exact values for each machine without any aggregation, drag a Table visual onto your report canvas. Place the 'Workstationname' in the first column, then add 'R2' and 'R3' to the table. This setup should display the values as they appear in your Excel sheet without any summation or averaging.

3. Ensure that when you import the Excel data, you are not inadvertently summarizing or changing the data in the query editor. Verify this by going through the steps in Power Query and looking at each applied step to confirm that no aggregation functions are applied upon import.

4. After making changes in your Excel source, make sure to refresh your data in Power BI to reflect the updated values.

If this post helps, please consider Accepting it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Appreciate your Kudo 👍

Hi @AnalyticsWizard  and @v-jiewu-msft 
i have tried both the technique and apply it on tachometer but when i place that column on R2 and R3 its aggrigate it and gives aggregated result and i have taken thise records from excel only i have created the table and gives target to it . As tachometer shows colour on r2 and r3 thats why i ahve set range target for them but target range for each machine i snot changing.
if you have any other ideas please share with me.
thanks
sanket

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.