Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

FatherTheWizard
Resolver I
Resolver I

Table visual filtered with slicer dim 1 and slicer dim 2, how to show all dim 2 values in table

Table visual filtered with slicer dim 1 (client) and slicer dim 2 (product). How to show all dim 2 values in table despite the selection made in slicer?

Underlying data:

FatherTheWizard_0-1647527192395.png

Report page selections and what I see currently:

FatherTheWizard_1-1647527206749.png

What I would like to see:

FatherTheWizard_2-1647527216517.png

And to be exact the "what I would like to see" should include IF statement: If selected client + product combo has sum of [value] >0 then show all the products listed in the table and the equivalent sum of [value]. So in above, as we have filtered client b and product 1, we know that sum of [value] = 20 which is >0 then we want to show the full table like in the expected results table.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Okay I solved this issue with a bridge table in a following way. Still appreciate if someone can comment how good or bad practise this is generally. 

Model looks the following:

FatherTheWizard_3-1647541050401.png

And report page looks like this. Dim Product in this narrow use case is irrelevant but I left it in the picture.

FatherTheWizard_1-1647540843799.png

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@FatherTheWizard ok so

option 1 -> if the client is selected then show everything for that client even a product is selected,

option 2 -> if a product is selected, show everything for that product and ignore what is selected in the client slicer

so what supersedes another, if the value from both the slicer is selected, option 1 or option 2 ??

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Can you show at least the version where user only does a selection to Product slicer and the end-result table shows all the sales for the clients that have sales for the selected product? So basically selecting the product from slicer should only do the indirect selection of clients. 

As in my previous message the example there was a selection Product = "1". With example data there were sales for 3 clients (a, b and d). End result in that case would be showing ALL sales for there 3 clients (because these are the clients that have sales for the selected product "1").

Okay I solved this issue with a bridge table in a following way. Still appreciate if someone can comment how good or bad practise this is generally. 

Model looks the following:

FatherTheWizard_3-1647541050401.png

And report page looks like this. Dim Product in this narrow use case is irrelevant but I left it in the picture.

FatherTheWizard_1-1647540843799.png

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@FatherTheWizard what's the point of having a product slicer if you want to see all the products for the selected client?

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

I may want to rephrase this with another example:

Select only from product slicer, in this case "1".

FatherTheWizard_0-1647529873327.png

-> We can see value for a, b and d clients. What I would like to see here is sales for ALL products for these clients that were recognized to have sales for the selected product 1. So the IF statement is sum([value])>0 (with the current selections) then show sales for all products (i.e. remove product filter from the end results table)

Underlying data for these clients (i.e. the expected end results in the visual table):

FatherTheWizard_1-1647530112748.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.