Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Gusd8
Frequent Visitor

Table (matrix) with different column and row formatting and calculations

Thank you in advance for looking at this post. My management has asked me to produce a report base on a format of another group's report in Tableau. Usually this isn't an issue...but sadly this time I am feeling a little stumped. I will start by defining what the data.

There are business groups that perform activities and those activities have volumes, they get tracked by month.

Month | Division | Activity | Volume

These activities have SLA and Quality ratings (they want to only feed me the ratings...not to calculate the ratings).

Month | Division | SLA/QA | Rating

They they want to calculate Month Over Month, Year Over Year, 12 Mo Avg, Previous Year To Date Avg, Current Year To Date Avg

So the table they want looks like this...

DivisionActivityTargetPrev MoCurr MoMoMYoY12mo AvgPrev YTDCurr YTD
Div 1Act1 ##Calc %Calc %Calc #Calc #Calc #
Div 1Act2 ##Calc %Calc %Calc #Calc #Calc #
Div 1SLA%%%Calc %Calc %Calc %Calc %Calc %
Div 1QA%%%Calc %Calc %Calc %Calc %Calc %
Div 2Act3 ##Calc %Calc %Calc #Calc #Calc #
Div 2Act4 ##Calc %Calc % Calc #Calc #Calc #
Div 2SLA%%%Calc %Calc %Calc %Calc %Calc %
Div 2QA%%%Calc %Calc %Calc %Calc %Calc %

I hope the table is clear what they are asking for. There are actually 7 divisions and a total of 16 Activities.

I can do parts, but I can't figure out how to put it all together. I am also not sure how I want the data...if I want the ctivities as Columns or as an Attribute. HELP...any insight or suggestions are welcome. I can put together a dummy data file if that would help you in playing.

Thank you again for looking.

-J

6 REPLIES 6
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

This should be possible using the new field parameter and measure format features.

Please provide sample data that covers your issue or question completely, in a usable format (not as a screenshot).
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-provide-sample-data-in-the-Power-BI-Forum/ba-...
Please show the expected outcome based on the sample data you provided.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/m-p/1447523

@lbendlin I created a sample data set and PBIX file...I don't want to limit any solution my my approach or my lack of Power BI Skills...I am learning...and sadly I know very well just how much I don't know. Thank you in advance for your insight!!

-John

Linked Zip File 

Um...so I don't want to give up on this...but what I learned today that it appears the screenshot of the example table I was given in tableau...was nothing more than a picture grabbed from data in Excel. I came to this realization as I created the exact formatting in excel.

If this is solvable...I would love to do that rather than paste an excel picture in teh report every month...but the premise that you can do it in Tabeau has changed...

Thank You

Your sample file is from Report Server. Please confirm your target platform.

@lbendlin Yes, our main reports get published to an On Premise location...

here is some boilerplate code for the measures. Adjust as needed.

lbendlin_0-1684529032886.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.