Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

bdehning
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Table and Count of 0 but other column has values

I have following table that uses a couple of measures to create a Top 3 for Count and Cause Grouping.  I am using Count + 0 which for 4/1/24 is correct.  How might I not show the Cause Groupings Struckby, STF and NC since Counts are 0?     

bdehning_0-1715376771692.png

11 REPLIES 11
DataNinja777
Super User
Super User

Hi @bdehning 

What about using the if formula to blank out the measure if it is zero? 

Suppress zero measure =
IF ( [Your measuire] = 0, BLANK (), [Your measuire] )

Is there a reason you are adding +0 at the end of your formula?  I would have thought you normally add such suffix when you don't want to blank out zero.  

Best regards,

I use the +0 because we need to show the INCEPTIONDATE Year if it exists, but just show zero or blank for the Cause Grouping. 

Where do I place the Suppress Zero Measure to be able to use it?  

bdehning
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Bascially I already have a dates table as Inception Date is a column in a large table and I take a measure from a different table for the value.  Can I not just Enable "show items with no data" in my current table with Inception Date?

No, you must use the Date column from the calendar dimension.  Within a fact table "show items with no data"  is meaningless.

I connected my Calendar Dates table I already had and created the 1 to many relationship.  Now I have to change all my measures to dates column instead of my inception date column and see what happens.  

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Use a Dates table. Enable "show items with no data"

lbendlin_0-1715386706757.png

The issue is that Inception Dates can be any day of the year and go back 10 years depenidng on which of the 10,000 accounts that may be selected to populate the table.    

What's the issue with that?

It did not work for my model

Ok I went back to the start and using a chart Visual to see how to keep the Year on the X-Axis but hot show the Cause Grouping if entire Year is 0.

I have INCEPTIONDATE and Cause Grouping on X-Axis with INCEPTIONDATE as Legend.   INCEPTIONDATE is relative Date is in the last 3 years Filter. 

How can I show the INCEPTIONDATE of 4/1/2024 but not see any Cause Grouping.  No Cause Grouping for any year should show if blank or null.    

bdehning_0-1715458835001.png

I turned on Show items with no data as the only way I think I can get INCEPTIONDATE 2024 to show up.   

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.