Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

wooand
Helper II
Helper II

TOPN without changing the data

Hello.

I have a column of Brokers that I need to rank by volume.  Easy enough.  I then need to show the top 5 only, but retain the percentages as per the original calculation, rather than calculating the percentages based on the filtered universe.    Can anyone help me please?  Please see the attached screenshot.  Essentially I would like the TOPN %GT filtered values in the visualisation on the right to be the same as the one on the left!

Thank you in advance.

BI Q.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi,

I guess you applied a Top 5 visual-level filter on [USD Amount] for your matrix on the right.

Try the following measures:

Total Amt = Sum( YourTable[USD Amount] )

Pct GT USD Amount = Divide ( [Total Amount] , Calculate( [Total Amt] , All(YourTable[Counter-Party] ) )

Format Pct GT USD Amount as % and use to replace your current % measure on your matrix on the right.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi,

I guess you applied a Top 5 visual-level filter on [USD Amount] for your matrix on the right.

Try the following measures:

Total Amt = Sum( YourTable[USD Amount] )

Pct GT USD Amount = Divide ( [Total Amount] , Calculate( [Total Amt] , All(YourTable[Counter-Party] ) )

Format Pct GT USD Amount as % and use to replace your current % measure on your matrix on the right.

Spot on.  Very kind of you, and many thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.