Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Synchronise primary and secondary Y axes

Hello

I have a combo chart, which uses drill throughs, as below:

Pic 1:

Capture2.PNG

Pic 2:

Capture.PNG

As you can see, both axes are percentages.  The secondary axis can only ever be a max of 100%, as it represents the amount of time in the month that has elapsed.  The primary axis represents how much volume of our forecast we are expecting to consume; this axis can be both higher or lower, as you can see.

I want the two axes to be the same scale.  I could force it with setting min & max, but if I set it too high it is unreadable when the bars are low.  If I set it too low, I lose data.

I tried using a measure to create a max but, because I'm working with % fields, it's not quite working out. As you can see the scale cuts the bar too short (axis not high enough):

Capture3.PNG

My last attempt:

Consumption MAX axis = if( [Cons Billed Lag3]+[Cons OO Lag3] >1 , [Cons Billed Lag3]+[Cons OO Lag3], 1) +0.1

where:
Cons OO Lag3 = if(sum('Fact APO'[Open Orders EU]) = 0, 0 , DIVIDE(sum('Fact APO'[Open Orders EU]) , sum('Fact APO'[WD20 Lag3 EU])))

Cons Billed Lag3 = if(sum('Fact APO'[Billed Sales EU]) = 0, 0 , DIVIDE(sum('Fact APO'[Billed Sales EU]) , sum('Fact APO'[WD20 Lag3 EU])))

Thanks for the help!

4 REPLIES 4
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@dapperscavenger , You have option both can start with 0.

In the latest version you can control min and max Fx(means measure) so create a measure that can control that

Measure can changed based on need

oooh, never mind, it was actually better to just turn off all the axis options and revert to default !

Hi @dapperscavenger,

Does the replies above solve your problem? If it has been solved, please mark the correct reply as the standard answer to help the other members find it more quickly.Thank you very much for your kind cooperation!

If you still have some question, please don't hesitate to let me known.‌‌

Best Regards,

Link

Is that the answer you're looking for? If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution. Really appreciate!

Yes, that was the measure I posted, but it does not work.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.