Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Synchronise Dual Axis Charticulator

Hey there, 

I am quite new to Power BI and I am exited about the community and all those helpful tips and tricks out there! 

But one thing I could not find and I hope you can help me there. I want a dual axis chart and I am able to build one with the Charticulator, based on this tutorial. I have a Tableau Background and in Tableau it is possible to synchronise the y axis and I could not figure out how to do this in the Charticulator. Other multi axis custom Visuals does not work for me, because I have Date-Fields on all three axis.

Would be very glad, if anybody could help me there 🙂

3 REPLIES 3
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

What's the point of having two Y axes if you the sync them anyway?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi lbendlin,

Thank you for your answer.

I need on the first y axis value y and on the second y axis value x which is also the value of the x axis so i get a diagonal axis. These both y axis need to be synchronised. I need it for a milestone trend analysis.

HI @Anonymous,

I'd like to suggest you add a new table with all legend types and the finish, then you can use the new field on your line chart to replace raw legends.
After these steps, you can write a measure expreso to check the current category and legend and switch them to the specific calculation formulas.

My Favorite DAX Feature: SELECTEDVALUE with SWITCH | Winston-Salem Power BI User Group (pbiusergroup.com)

If you are confused about the coding formula, please share some dummy data to help us clarify your data source and test to coding formula.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly

Regards,
Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.