Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Switch Column Values based on slicer selection

Hi,

I could find similar posts on this subject but they all point me at creating a calculated measure but I want to use my dynamic column as a column instead of a measure as matrix doesnt let me add a measure in place of a column.

I am trying to have a matrix in the below format where I want columns to switch between Monthly / Quarterly view based on slicer selection. I have created a data table in my model to be used in slicer.

YOA M1 M2 M3 M4 M5         |  Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 Q5 

I am able to calcualte this in a measure(Using switch statement) , however I am unable to achieve this in a calculated column.

Can someone please help me achieve this?

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous 

You may try using Bookmarks in Power BI.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous 

You may try using Bookmarks in Power BI.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Well, like most things, it depends on your data. Please see this post regarding How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490.

That being said, check out the PBIX file. Essentially have a single column with M1, M2, M3, Q1, Q2, Q3 values in it and another with a "type".

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Thanks for you response.

But unfortunately my data model is not that simple. I am using direct query mode. However I have setup sample data in the attached pbix file. Could you please take a look and suggest if what I am trying to is achivable or if I have got it completely wrong?

Thanks

Sample PBIX

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.