Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Griggs
Frequent Visitor

SurveyMonkey Connector - Unable to Connect: Unexpected error

Hi everyone,

As the title suggests, I've got a bit of a problem when trying to get data from the SurveyMonkey Connector in Power BI Desktop. I had previously had no issues with it what so ever and had successfully got it to pull surveys using the token from SurveyMonkey. However, whenever I try to connect to the SurveyMonkey Connector now, it immediately brings up an error:

Capture.PNG

Clicking on Retry or Edit does nothing and results in the exact same error message being brought up. Since noticing the issue, I have uninstalled and reinstalled Power BI, tried opening a blank query and typing = SurveyMonkey.Contents() and made sure that my version was the most up to date: (Version: 2.115.663.0 64-bit (March 2023)). The same error still shows.

Others in my team are able to connect to the data with no issues whatsoever. Has anyone else experienced this or know of a potential cause?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Griggs ,

1. Please make sure your access token is correct.

2. As far as I know, the latest Power BI Desktop version is 2.115.842.0. You can download it from web and try again.

For reference:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=58494

3. You may refer to below blogs to learn more details about Survey Monkey connector and API.

For reference:

SurveyMonkey

SURVEYMONKEY API

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Griggs ,

1. Please make sure your access token is correct.

2. As far as I know, the latest Power BI Desktop version is 2.115.842.0. You can download it from web and try again.

For reference:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=58494

3. You may refer to below blogs to learn more details about Survey Monkey connector and API.

For reference:

SurveyMonkey

SURVEYMONKEY API

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.