Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

websterdawson

Sum values based on month/year selected

I have a table that includes stats of employees for a specific week. I have inserted a slicer that will let you choose which year, month and week you want to view. When a specific week is selected, only the values of that week will display. I want to create a measure that when a month or year is selected, it will take those values and sum them. How would I do this?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@websterdawson 

please check the the columns are not of type text.  ( check pic below ).

also check that the summarization for the calls , emails, resolved and any column to you to aggreagate is set to sum or the appropriate aggregation you want to achieve.

Daniel29195_2-1705735561288.png

and please click on the down arrow  on the calls from the columns, ( in my example, sum og qty ) and  select sum.

it could be set to dont summarize. 

check this for all 3 columns. 

Daniel29195_1-1705735438238.png

let me know if it works for you 

if this doesnt work for you, i would suggest if you can share your power file so i can take a closer look . 

best regards

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Daniel29195
Super User
Super User

hello @websterdawson 

i dont quite understand the problem your facing .

maybe if you visualize the problem would help to give you the accurate solution to your problem . 

As you can see in this first image, when I select a specifc week, only that weeks stats will display. This is what I want.sample power bi 2.png
However, when I select the year, all values stored in the table will display. Is there a measure I could create, that when a year/month is selected, it will total those values, and display the sum for each person?
Sample power bi 1.png

if you are using separeted tables for date and you sales, make sure that they are related first of all.

i think i got you .

your problem is that you are using the radio button instead of checkbox.

you need to change the way the slicer works i guess.

when changing yo multiple selection, when you select year , it will select all the months of the selected year.

Daniel29195_0-1705706751616.png

Daniel29195_1-1705706767451.png

please let me know if this works for you.

Best regards.

Even when the checkboxes are selected it is still showing all the values

websterdawson_0-1705707705614.png

When a month is selected I would like there only to be one name, but then their stats be totaled. So for example, Dak Prescott took 20 calls in the month of January. When January is selected on the slider, I only want Dak Prescott to display once, but his stats be totaled. 

@websterdawson 

please check the the columns are not of type text.  ( check pic below ).

also check that the summarization for the calls , emails, resolved and any column to you to aggreagate is set to sum or the appropriate aggregation you want to achieve.

Daniel29195_2-1705735561288.png

and please click on the down arrow  on the calls from the columns, ( in my example, sum og qty ) and  select sum.

it could be set to dont summarize. 

check this for all 3 columns. 

Daniel29195_1-1705735438238.png

let me know if it works for you 

if this doesnt work for you, i would suggest if you can share your power file so i can take a closer look . 

best regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.