Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sum together grand totals from different matrix tables

Hi,

I am trying to find a way to add the totals together of two matrix tables on separate sheets in Power Bi. Both come from the same imported data.

I am trying to make a P&L statement which goes from Sales, to GP, to Operating expense then to Net Income and EBITDA.

I have one sheet which shows the whole walk down to Net Income as a matrix table.

But what I need to do now is add back Depreciation.

On a separate sheet I have an exhibit for depreciation as a matrix table.

How can I add them together? We had a vendor demo in and I know they did it, but I am not sure how.

6 REPLIES 6
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

I am not very clear about what you were trying to achieve. Please follow this blog to provide more details.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is unclear?

I have 2 sheets within a Power BI report. Both are matrix data tables with the same underlying database cube.

I need to take the grand total of one and add it to the grand total of the other.

Hi @Anonymous,

Currently, it is not supported to make calculation on row level in a Matrix. I'm afraid the requirement that to sum up grandtotals and display the results on new rows cannot be achieved.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
bizbi
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hello,

You can try joining the two tables using a concatenated column of all slicer columns on the desired page of the report.

Can you give some sample data and the expected result for better explaination?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I do not really follow what you describe. I do not think adding columns will work because I know I need to add rows.

Here is an example of the output.

ItemValueHow calculated?
Revenue90,000 
Cogs 1,000 
GP89,000Rev - Cogs

Depreciation9,000 
All other Opex30,129 
Total Opex39,129Dep+all other
Net Income49,871GP- Total Opex
Depreciation9,000I need a way to add this back to net income
EBITDA58,871Total of Net Income + Depreciation

So everything comes from the same data source, but I have one sheet that calculates down to Net Income and another that calculates the 9,000 in depreciation. What I need to do is somehow in one dashboard Add back the depreciation. All data is from the same source

Anonymous
Not applicable

Any thoughts?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.