Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

leadacid

Sum of values from a table not correct. Sometimes doubling the true sum?

Hello all. Im running into a problem when creating a pareto that works off data from a table on the same power BI screen. Please look at the attached screenshot. I have selected one employee (their name is redacted in green, all other employee names are redacted in black) and I see that they worked 2 hours of overtime (no pay period is selected so this is across all pay periods). When I look down at the pareto, I see the sum of his overtime hours is 4 hours, when it should clearly be 2 hours. Some of the other sums in the pareto are correct. When I export the table to excel, the sums are always correct. Can anybody help me figure out why my pareto is not producing the correct values?

Thank you!

leadacid_0-1702584739613.png

1 REPLY 1
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @leadacid ,

Is the calculatio a simple sum or are you doing a different calculation on your pareto?

Can you please share a mockup data or sample of your PBIX file. You can use a onedrive, google drive, we transfer or similar link to upload your files.

If the information is sensitive please share it trough private message.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.