Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Albawani
Frequent Visitor

Sum of Measure values

Hi,

Is there any easy way to have a total sum for the measured values at the bottom of the table?

Albawani_0-1639296754250.png

15 REPLIES 15
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Albawani ,

Whether your problem has been resolved? If yes, could you please mark the helpful post as Answered? It will help the others in the community find the solution easily if they face the same problem with you. Thank you.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
PaulDBrown
Community Champion
Community Champion

Add a new meaure:

Total = [measure 1] + [measure 2] + [measure 3]…

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
In doing so, you are also helping me. Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!
Paul on Linkedin.

I did this but it's unprofessional 

Albawani_0-1639309117266.png

Hi @Albawani ,

How did you set your matrix visual? Could you please provide the setting of Fields pane just as below screenshot? And please provide some raw data from the involved fields on the matrix visual. Is it one or more measures that are applied to the Values option of matrix visual? If so, please also provide their formulas. It is better if you can provide a simplified pbix file(exclude sensitive data). Thank you.

yingyinr_0-1639537088712.png

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

If the values in the matrix are different measures, you need a new measure for the total of all measures. It's not "unprofessional "; it's how DAX works.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
In doing so, you are also helping me. Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!
Paul on Linkedin.

I'd missed the fact they are separate measures and you're using show on rows?

In which case @PaulDBrown is correct.

Ben Dobbs

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!
Appreciate your Kudos!!
bcdobbs
Super User
Super User

Have to say, a bit confused! Can you send a screen shot of your format pane?

Ben Dobbs

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!
Appreciate your Kudos!!

Here it;s:

Albawani_0-1639303417532.png

Does your measure always return either a number or a blank? Can you send it's definition over. 

With the matrix selected click on the paint roller icon and send a screen shot of what is then displayed.

lastly with the model selected if you click on modelling at top what format is displayed for it?

Ben Dobbs

Appreciate your Kudos!!
Fowmy
Super User
Super User

@Albawani 

First, check if the column that you are placing as values is in number or currency format. Then, you can turn on the total as follows for matrix visual.

Fowmy_0-1639299238072.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! and hit thumbs up

Subscribe and learn Power BI from these videos

Website LinkedIn PBI User Group

I couldn't find where to check the value type ! is it normal with Matrix table ?!

since it;s a measure value, would you suggest casting the measure as currency format ?

Albawani_1-1639303650759.png

bcdobbs
Super User
Super User

If you click into the visual options for the matrix. You should be able to turn subtotals and totals on. Surprised though it's not on by default.

Ben Dobbs

Appreciate your Kudos!!

unfortunately, i couldn't find the total or subtotal !!

Few questions.

Is it a matrix or a table?

Are you using the preview visual pane?

Ben Dobbs

Appreciate your Kudos!!

it's Matrix visual😥

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.