Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

RobMar74
Frequent Visitor

Suggestions For Getting Slicers To Work

I have two slicer controls, a multiselect (Fuel) and single select (Model).

If I select a value from the Model slicer, then deselect a value from the Fuel slicer that contains the selected value from the Model slicer, this value remains selected (even though it should now be removed). When I then select another value from the Model slicer, the rogue value gets removed.

I have created a very simple pbx file so you can see this problem. To replicate, ensure you have 'Mustang Mach-E' selected, then deselect the 'Electric' option from the Fuel slicer.

Note that even if I use bi-directional filtering betweens the tables, you can still replicate this issue.

Does anyone have any suggestions to fix this (apart from Bookmarks which are not possible for my solution)?

6 REPLIES 6
RobMar74
Frequent Visitor

I've create a new idea to either fix this or allow default values to be programmatically selected.

Seanan
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hi @RobMar74 

I believe I have fixed the issue by deleting the current model slicer, copying and pasting the fuel slicer and then changing the value to the model column. This does include the "Select all" option, is this a problem?

Please find the PBIX file for testing here.

Kind regards,
Seanan
If this post helped, please consider accepting it as the solution.

Thanks for this. However, the second slicer needs to be a single-select, and when I change it back to single, I'm still able to deselect Electric when Mustang Mach-E selected (thus the problem still remains).

Hi @RobMar74 

Apologies, I've done some digging around and it seems like a lot of users have run into this issue and have not been able to find a solution.

You can post this as an idea at: https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/

Is there anything else I could try? I've tried some of the third-party slicers, including the hierarchical ones but found nothing to fix this. There is actually a slicer control that has default options you can set but this slicer just doesn't work with my report.

Hi @RobMar74 

I'll have a look at some of the custom slicers, however I think this issue may still persist even with those slicers. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.