Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Submitted and completed in one matrix

Hi,

I have a table of tickets with submited, completed, closed, etc. dates and other various info. I do understand how to separate them in two different visuals (like below):

exampl1.PNG

So this will show submitted tickets by month (on the left) and completed tickets by month (on the right). Submitted has SubmitDate axis; completed has LastCompleteDate axis. So, different timestamps. This is made to show completed per month no matter when they were submitted.

What I do want to have is a matrix (well, basically something, but one visual) where will be tickets Submitted VS. Completed and ratio, split by month.

(just example, this one counts open vs completed)

exampl2.PNG

What I am struggling is:

example3.PNG

I took June submitted. It will show 72 Completed (with 54 highlighted in June), AND matrix will show 81 submitted, 78 completed, 3 open. From 78 Completed there are 54 that are completed in June and 25 completed in other months starting July (because of those submitted, which were closed after) + 3 still open.

From one point this is correct in flames of visuals, but what I want to achieve is: (example)

Submitted in *Month* = 50 (submitted after June 1st and before June 30th including)

Completed in *Month* = 60 (submitted anytime, but completed after June 1st and before June 30th including)

in one matrix. With ratio 🙂

I assume that there is something to deal with dates. Like I said, for these two visuals I do have 2 different date tables (submitted and lastcompleted). Perhaps I need a calendar, which is somehow linked to both date tables or something.

Hopefully someone will understand, as i spent so much time figuring out why stats are so awfully bad and got myself confused already. 🙂
Thanks in advance.

6 REPLIES 6
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous,

Could you please share sample data of your original table and  post expected result based on sample data here? As your post, you would need to create a calendar table, you can take a look at the following similar threads about calculating opened and completed tickets.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Received-vs-Closed-against-Year-Month/td-p/123515
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/calculate-open-tickets-by-date/m-p/207644#M91517

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey,

thanks for reply.

.Done is for the reason that some Completed tickets were not actually in that state, but in similars that are, let say, similar. Thus, I made this .Done to count Cancelled and Closed too as this:

.Done = IF('Model'[Completed] <> BLANK(), 'Model'[Completed], IF('Model'[Closed] <> BLANK(), 'Model'[Closed], 'Model'[Cancelled]))

Guided by this https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Received-vs-Closed-against-Year-Month/td-p/123515 mine "Closed" will be .Done.

TicketSubmittedClosedCompleted CancelledStatus.Done
117-08-1817-08-18  Closed17-08-18
220-08-1822-08-1822-08-18 Closed22-08-18
320-08-1805-09-1820-08-18 Closed20-08-18
420-08-1805-09-1820-08-18 Closed20-08-18
521-08-18 26-11-1826-11-18Cancelled26-11-18
621-08-1830-09-1814-09-18 Closed14-09-18
721-09-1807-09-1822-08-18 Closed22-08-18
821-09-1811-11-1826-10-18 Closed26-10-18
929-09-18   Open 
1029-09-18   Open 
1130-09-18   Open 
1230-09-18   Open 

I have created master calendar

masterC.PNG

Expected result:

MonthSubmitted Count Completed Count
August6 5
September6 1
October0 1
November0 1

Thank you in advance.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

guided by this https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Received-vs-Closed-against-Year-Month/td-p/123515 link I've tried to make similar matrix.

This is what I got: (I have different titles for table, don't bare that in mind)

done.PNG

Axis = .Done (from formula below)

Value = Ticket
Also a filter for tickets with exact statuses (which is probably not a point).

But matrix shows bit different values:

ratio.PNG

These .Closed and .Received are new formulas based on example in the same link you posted (https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Received-vs-Closed-against-Year-Month/td-p/123515)

.Closed = CALCULATE(COUNTA('Model'[Completed]), USERELATIONSHIP('Model'[Completed], MasterCalendar[EveryDate]))

&

.Received = COUNTA('Model'[Submitted])   ---- this one works as expected and shows same numbers

For .Closed I've also tried COUNTA('Model'[.Done]), but result is the same as with Completed. Different from first visual.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Long story short, Matrix shows completed by the rule of submitted.

E.g., completed in August will be those, that were submitted in August. So these 2 columns are still related, though I added calculations as per article you provided

.Closed = CALCULATE(COUNTA('Model'[Completed]), USERELATIONSHIP('Model'[Completed], MasterCalendar[EveryDate]))

&

.Received = COUNTA('Model'[Submitted])   ---- this one works as expected and shows same numbers

Please assist.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-yuezhe-msftcould you please help further?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Up. Can anyone point me on what I'm missing? Combining two columns together results in Submitted priority.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.