Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

tmack99
Advocate II
Advocate II

Strippet browser custom visual

Hi all,

I'm attempting to use the Strippet browser custom visual with little success.

I have a simple two-column data table. The table contains a country name and a corresponding URL web link to the Wiki page for each country. I would like to bring in the information from the Wiki page into the Strippet browser within the Power Bi application, but rather than display the contents of the Wiki page it shows only the URL link that I'm trying to access.

I have attached a sample PBX file in the hopes that someone can help point me in the right direction.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqmBMk8_5wc_p3YAEYpEpAtTpNak

Many thanks,
Mack

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@tmack99

To shows the information from the URL, you need to put a HTML context field into the CONTENT box in Strippet browser visual. Please refer to the sample report

Regards,

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Zu
Helper I
Helper I

Hi There,

I have a similar question, my content is in word documents hosted in a SharePoint library. How can I pull the content from the documents into the Content field of the Strippet Browser? My Summary is accually a Bio that is also hosted in Word documents so I need the same solutions for this two fields. Is this possible.

Thanks,

Zuly

v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@tmack99

To shows the information from the URL, you need to put a HTML context field into the CONTENT box in Strippet browser visual. Please refer to the sample report

Regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi - I just saw your sample report for the strippet browser, and I was wondering if you could answer a few questions...

I extracted the data into a CSV file and opened it up into excel, and I saw that there is a huge set up data in there.

When creating these strippet browser data sets, are you supposed to manually pull in the summary, content, author, date, domain, etc? If so, is there an easy way to convert the "content" into the required format? Also, how do you get the source_image information?

Thank you

Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.