Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

wynhodgkiss
Helper III
Helper III

Stepping through power query

Hi all,

I am trying to isolate an issue with a power query I've inherited and the query in question has something like 1000 steps. Is there an easy way to step through the query without having to go step by step in power query or splitting the query?

At the moment I've got a line of "= Table.Group(#"Expanded Pack_Sort", {"Month"}, {{"Values", each List.Sum([SALES_VALUE]), type nullable number}} " that I'm shifting down the list of steps each time I get a correct outcome so I'll hit the issue eventually but it's painfully slow so just wondering if there's any more efficient way.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
wynhodgkiss
Helper III
Helper III

Not really, there is no "error" in in the output it's just incorrect. I suspect that a filter has been applied wrongly or duplicates have been removed when they should not have been leading to incorrect values in the output, it's just slow trying to find the step in question particularly when 90% of the steps are called Custom1, Custom2 etc

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@wynhodgkiss , Check if some advice from Curbal can help

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OE6DPmKqN7s

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.