Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

naciass

Star schema - car accidents

To be honest I am completely new to Data Warehouse practices and as an assignment, I need to design a data warehouse using star-schema for car accidents in a country. At first, I have designed the FactTable as Accident with measures QtyCars and QtyCasulties with dimensions: "Driver", "Car", "Casualties", "Location", "WhatherConditions".. but then I have realized that they are many to many relationships for example: Accident 1: there is only one vehicle with two casualties. Acc 2: there are two vehicles, the first with one casualty the second with two. Acc 3: there were three vehicles. The first with three casualties, the second with two but, the third vehicle has no casualties. What should I change in the schema below?CarAccident datawarehouse.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi naciass,

Many to many relationship is now supported by power bi. You can use composite model in power bi, for details, please refer to: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-many-to-many-relationships.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi naciass,

Many to many relationship is now supported by power bi. You can use composite model in power bi, for details, please refer to: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-many-to-many-relationships.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.