Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

S_Balaji
Frequent Visitor

Stacked column chart- X axis repeats

Hi,

I was able to include a calendar table using DAX and convert calendar year to fiscal year in my visual. But, in one of the stacked column charts (A), the X axis shows repeats of the 12 months with stacked column for a specific quarter - for example Fy 22-23 has 12 months repeated 4 times for each quarter with stacked column for FQtr 1, FQtr 2, 3 and 4 (side scroll to extend through different quarters within the 12 month repeats). Other stacked column chart (B) in the same page apears appropriate without the multiple 12 month repeats - for example Fy22-23 has 12 months only and stacked columns for appropriate FQtrs. How can the X axis be formatted to appear as in chart B without repeats? 

I have attached the X axis images (below) to clarify my help request. Thanks

S_Balaji_0-1673278963670.png

S_Balaji_1-1673278995382.png

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@S_Balaji , In the first one you have all the columns expended, You can have three columns(from the date table) like a year, qtr, or month. Only expand one level and sort on the axis. 

Hi Amit,

Thank you for your quick response. When I expand Chart B (the one format that I would like to have in chart A) further for months, it looks appropriately like below - with no 12 month repeats 4 times, one for each quarter (I realize this should have been the one I should have posted in my help request). Would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks

S_Balaji_0-1673282954258.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.