Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

degnek
Frequent Visitor

Stacked Graph (Not 100% Chart) X-Axis Percentage of column

I am looking for a solution to view percentage of column total (even if it has been filtered) on a stacked bar chart tooltip. I have implemented many different solutions I have come across but to no avail. 

Previous solution suggested:

PercentageStories = DIVIDE( SUM('Monthly Totals'[Num Value]),
Calculate(SUM('Monthly Totals'[Num Value]), ALL('Monthly Totals'[Category])),0)

This solution for me is parsing the percentage across the entire chart instead of breaking based on x-axis categories. Is this the intention and/or is it possible to get it to break down by the x-axis values? For instance in my chart I break it down by group, and am needing to look at what percentage each group has for stories that are completed vs not. I would expect my Stories Completed to be showing 90 some percent for each JK and JR Stories Completed relative to their column.

Percent Issue.png

Example Data.png

7 REPLIES 7
VasTg
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@degnek 

Try this..

DIVIDE(SUM('Table'[Value]),CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[Value]),ALL('Table'[Category])))

If helps, mark  it as a solution
Kudos are nice too.

Connect on LinkedIn
degnek
Frequent Visitor

@VasTg 

That solution then results in each tooltip being %100 no matter which Category you are hovering over. 

Try 1 Metric.pngTry 1.png

degnek
Frequent Visitor

Correction I was using the DAX of 

Trial% = DIVIDE( SUM('Monthly Totals'[Num Value]),
CALCULATE(SUM('Monthly Totals'[Num Value]),ALLSELECTED('Monthly Totals')))

This calculation then splits the percentage over the entire visual, but I need it broken down by column (area)

%byGraph.png

The PercentageStories that I also tried is the following, which only parses it out based on Category for the visual but it still spans both columns. 
PercentageStories = DIVIDE( SUM('Monthly Totals'[Num Value]),
CALCULATE(SUM('Monthly Totals'[Num Value]),ALL('Monthly Totals'[Area])),0)

HI @degnek ,

Maybe you can try to use the below formula, it will calculate the aggregate value of the current category with the total value.

PercentageStories =
DIVIDE (
    CALCULATE (
        SUM ( 'Monthly Totals'[Num Value] ),
        ALLSELECTED ( 'Monthly Totals' ),
        VALUES ( 'Monthly Totals'[Category] )
    ),
    CALCULATE (
        SUM ( 'Monthly Totals'[Num Value] ),
        ALLSELECTED ( 'Monthly Totals' )
    ),
)

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

@v-shex-msft ,

Thanks for the suggestion but unfortunately that still provides a split percentage over the whole instead of parsing it out per column. This resulted in respective Stories Completed being the same 55% and 38%, which does not allow for the knowledge that each group got over 90 percent of their stories completed on time. 

VasTg
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@degnek 

If my understanding is correct, the DAX I gave you should have worked.

Cap11.PNG

1. The Measure that shows the % for each column.

2. Expected graph...I hoved over JK and Stories Completed. It show 93.75%. 

3. Same graph in step 2 but displayed as table. Now you see the % in JK and JR add upto 100%.

4. Input data as a single table. 

Other than that, I see year 2020 in your graph. Where does it comes from?

Are you using the right syntax for DAX? 

If this helps, mark it as a solution.

Kudos are nice too.

Connect on LinkedIn
degnek
Frequent Visitor

I am not sure where my calculations are going wrong. I filter some additional categories but have tried the measure with nothing filtered and it is still resulting in each section getting 100%. 

Measure = DIVIDE(SUM('Monthly Totals'[Num Value]),CALCULATE(SUM('Monthly Totals'[Num Value]),ALL('Monthly Totals'[Category])))

Do you see somewhere where my measure is inaccurate? I also took out the year which was being pulled from an additional Date table, with no success. 

Thanks

2020-01-24 10-53-38_Start.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.