Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Kathrinens
Frequent Visitor

Split up and stack data from API

I have a data from an API, that I don't know how to transform correctly. I'm still a bit new to Power BI, so I hope it's not a stupid question.

The data describes amount of logins per day on different computers. First column is the computer, and the second is both the date and amount of logins that day. As you can see on the screenshot below, the second column contains several data + logins. 

Kathrinens_0-1699528595424.png

I would like to have a table like this:

(id) | date | pc-name | amount of logins

1 | date1 | pc-nam1A | 3
2 | date1 | pc-nameB |  6

I know how to split up the column so I get date and logins in different columns, but I don't know how to stack the different dates on top of each other. There's also consistantly coming in new data, so I don't think I can just copy the table and merch.
Any ideas are welcome 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Kathrinens
Frequent Visitor

FYI: I finally found a way myself. Under Split Column there's an Advanced Options where I could choose rows instead of columns. So I split the second column up in rows by each comma, and then split the same column up by colon in to columns, to get date and amount of logins separated. 
With this way data also updates correctly. 🙂 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Kathrinens
Frequent Visitor

FYI: I finally found a way myself. Under Split Column there's an Advanced Options where I could choose rows instead of columns. So I split the second column up in rows by each comma, and then split the same column up by colon in to columns, to get date and amount of logins separated. 
With this way data also updates correctly. 🙂 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.