Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ArghyaGanguly
Frequent Visitor

Split line(yaxis) in Line and Stacked column chart based on date(x axis) column

I have a  Line and Stacked column chart constructed from a dataset which has four significant columns :- Commodity Price, Forecast Week and two other columns depicting different levels of Commodity Prices .Commodity price is a series having actual prices till certain date and forecast price after that date.

I have tried below approach to construct the Line and Stacked Column chart :- 

X axis :- Forecast Week

Column Y axis :- columns with different levels for Commodity Prices.

Line Y axis :- Commodity Prices.

This has resulted in a Line and Stacked Column chart Representation with the line Y axis showing the whole Commodity Prices distribution.

I want to split the Line into two parts based on actual prices and forecast prices represented with separate styles.

Please help.

2 REPLIES 2
ArghyaGanguly
Frequent Visitor

@vxiaosunnmsftt ,

Thanks for your quick reply.

I was able to solve this.

The forecast prices were below the actual prices. For your example, the commodity price column has actual values till let's say nth row(till today) and the forecast prices from (n+1)th row till end of column. I just split the column into two columns(DAX based) : Actuals and Forecasts in line y axis included them using separate measures. The line got split into separate representations based on the measures. This is how I solved this.

v-xiaosun-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ArghyaGanguly ,

According to your description, I made a sample and here is my solution.

Sample data:

vxiaosunmsft_0-1668763913515.png

Put them into a Line and Stacked Column chart.

vxiaosunmsft_0-1668764286656.png

But, could you tell me how you want to split the Line into two parts based on actual prices and forecast prices represented with separate styles? Do you mean if actual prices is below the forecast prices, it will show a part and if is above, show another part? You can provide a expected output in order that we can help you further more.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ xiaosun

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.