Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Split file based on row content

I've got a csv file I'm importing into desktop. I've got multiple rows per student and rather than splitting the report coming from the MIS for each school I wondered if there was an easy way to split all the rows with TP Year 1 for example into another table, keeping all the other rows?

Keeping top / bottom X rows wouldn't work as the file increases in size throughout the year.

aguest1005_0-1619097726869.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

In Power Query Editor, right click the table in Queries and select Duplicate to make a copy of the table. 

042702.jpg

Then in the new query, expand the down arrow and select the text values to filter the rows.

042703.jpg

Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as the solution to help other members find it.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

In Power Query Editor, right click the table in Queries and select Duplicate to make a copy of the table. 

042702.jpg

Then in the new query, expand the down arrow and select the text values to filter the rows.

042703.jpg

Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as the solution to help other members find it.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , In power query, create a copy of table and filter the table based on text search and save.

In dax create a new table

CALCULATABLE(Table, filter(Table, search("TP Year 1 ",Table[resultset],,0) >0))

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.