Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ChenChristyYu
Helper II
Helper II

Speed Up Dashboard Refresh

Hi Experts,

I am building visualization for my corp, and my dashboard is querying our databases directly. I have four pages in total. Every time I click the refresh on home Ribbon. All my queries get refreshed and that takes a long time. Let's say if I only want to refresh one page and I only want a certain query to refresh, how can I do that? Additionally, can I set up an auto fresh on my page?

In general, I would like to know how to speed up my refresh and load process. Appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Chen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
augustindelaf
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@ChenChristyYu

Hello, I don't think it is possible to refresh one page separatly, as far as I know.

But if you want to improve the refresh velocity there is an element called "Performance Inspector" on Power BI Service.

It can provide you with input  in order to increase performance of your dashboard.

You may find it by clicking on "...", on the top right corner of the power bi online app :

here some info that it can display (screenshot)

hjkjh.PNG

To set up data refresh, Go in your Workspace, and then go to "datasets". 

You will then see the list of all your datasets.

You may be able to click on the button "schedule data refresh" (screenshot)

fghfgghffgh.PNG

Some credentials & parameters will then be asked.  I can help you to settle that if required.

Does it help? 

Keep me informed.

Best regards,

Augustin

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
augustindelaf
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@ChenChristyYu

Hello, I don't think it is possible to refresh one page separatly, as far as I know.

But if you want to improve the refresh velocity there is an element called "Performance Inspector" on Power BI Service.

It can provide you with input  in order to increase performance of your dashboard.

You may find it by clicking on "...", on the top right corner of the power bi online app :

here some info that it can display (screenshot)

hjkjh.PNG

To set up data refresh, Go in your Workspace, and then go to "datasets". 

You will then see the list of all your datasets.

You may be able to click on the button "schedule data refresh" (screenshot)

fghfgghffgh.PNG

Some credentials & parameters will then be asked.  I can help you to settle that if required.

Does it help? 

Keep me informed.

Best regards,

Augustin

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.