Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cmccully
Helper I
Helper I

Sorting Stacked Column Chart by Akvelon

Hello

I would like to know if there is anyway to sort the Akvelon Stacked Column Chart? In the standard charts we can select a sort order and what to sort by but I see no such controls for the Akvelon chart. Thanks!

Sorting bar charts.jpg2020-04-23_16-48-59.jpg

11 REPLIES 11
vangreen

Does anybody know how to fix this?

amitchandak
Super User IV
Super User IV

@cmccully , Mark a sort column for the given column and check if it works. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-sort-by-column

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!
Dashboard of My Blogs !! YouTube Channel !! Connect on Linkedin

Proud to be a Super User!

Thank you for your response. Unfortuneatly the Akvelon visualization does not seem to have the same sort controls available in the standard charts. Here is what the menu looks like on the Akvelon chart:

2020-04-23_16-48-59.jpg

v-kelly-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @cmccully ,

Go to data view>Click on the dropdown button of a certain column you wanna sort,then select the sorting order,as you see below:

Annotation 2020-04-24 102259.png

If you want  the column sorted by another column,select the column ,then go to menu bar>column tools >sort by column,shown below:

Annotation 2020-04-24 102553.png

Finally you will see the visual sort by the order you select. (In below sample,I choose sorting by date)

Annotation 2020-04-24 102952.png

Best Regards,
Kelly
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Kelly

Thank you for your response. I sorted by the quarter column but this did not effect the order of my charts as desired. I added another image to better explain what I am going after. The Akvelon visualization breaks the data down into several individual charts as shown below. I want the individual charts displayed by quarter as I have numbered below.

2020-04-24_8-32-29.jpg

parry2k
Super User III
Super User III

@cmccully as you now it is a custom visual, you need to reach out to the developer to find out.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution.

Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Thank you, I have reached out to Akvelon and will post any suggestions they provide.

Hi @cmccully

Is your issue solved?If it is solved,could you pls mark the reply as answered to close it?

Best Regards,
Kelly
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Sorry but hte issue is not yet resolved.

Hi @cmccully 

Has your issue been resolved? Or have you found any workarounds?

@cmccully that's exactly my first reply to this post was, glad you are following that step. good luck.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution.

Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

MBAS on Demand

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Microsoft named a Leader in The Forrester Wave

Microsoft received the highest score of any vendor in both the strategy and current offering categories.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors