Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

cmccully
Helper I
Helper I

Sorting Stacked Column Chart by Akvelon

Hello

I would like to know if there is anyway to sort the Akvelon Stacked Column Chart? In the standard charts we can select a sort order and what to sort by but I see no such controls for the Akvelon chart. Thanks!

Sorting bar charts.jpg2020-04-23_16-48-59.jpg

16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anybody know how to fix this?

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@cmccully , Mark a sort column for the given column and check if it works. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-sort-by-column

Thank you for your response. Unfortuneatly the Akvelon visualization does not seem to have the same sort controls available in the standard charts. Here is what the menu looks like on the Akvelon chart:

2020-04-23_16-48-59.jpg

v-kelly-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @cmccully ,

Go to data view>Click on the dropdown button of a certain column you wanna sort,then select the sorting order,as you see below:

Annotation 2020-04-24 102259.png

If you want  the column sorted by another column,select the column ,then go to menu bar>column tools >sort by column,shown below:

Annotation 2020-04-24 102553.png

Finally you will see the visual sort by the order you select. (In below sample,I choose sorting by date)

Annotation 2020-04-24 102952.png

Best Regards,
Kelly
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Kelly

Thank you for your response. I sorted by the quarter column but this did not effect the order of my charts as desired. I added another image to better explain what I am going after. The Akvelon visualization breaks the data down into several individual charts as shown below. I want the individual charts displayed by quarter as I have numbered below.

2020-04-24_8-32-29.jpg

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@cmccully as you now it is a custom visual, you need to reach out to the developer to find out.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Thank you, I have reached out to Akvelon and will post any suggestions they provide.

Akvelon let me know they have no future plans to fix this issue. It might happen some day but they are focusing on other issues.

Hi @cmccully

Is your issue solved?If it is solved,could you pls mark the reply as answered to close it?

Best Regards,
Kelly
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Sorry but hte issue is not yet resolved.

Is your issue solved?Could you post any suggestions Akvelon provide?Thanks you in advance. I have a same issue. 

Akvelon let me know they have no future plans to fix this issue. It might happen some day but they are focusing on other issues.

Thank you for your reply.

This can be solved by another way. For example ,I want to sort by md column(by date) but it is sorted by alfabet order. So I just select this md column and set sort by column like below.

The chart will be sorted by date.  The axis x of my chart is md.

AliceJen_0-1670579356483.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @cmccully 

Has your issue been resolved? Or have you found any workarounds?

@cmccully that's exactly my first reply to this post was, glad you are following that step. good luck.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.