Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

alex_bi
Frequent Visitor

Sort a visual matrix that uses the "show as rows"

I will describe the challenge from the start, since it might be easier to get another way to reach to the solution.

So I have a table with many columns. A number of these columns are  responses to a questionaire and hold the exact same variables, let's call them Var1,Var2,Var3,Var4.... Imagine the variables to be Yes, No, Maybe etc.

What I want to do is create a visual matrix where the rows are the questions, and the column is the count of "No". I must be able to sort the matrix so only the first N questiions (the ones with the highest counts of Nos) are shown.

I created a measure for each var (using COUNTAX  that counts the number of nos, and then used the "show as rows" option to create a visual matrix. However while the result is a visual matrix in the way I want, I cannot sort it/ filter only the top N. 

Any proposed solutions to this?

2 REPLIES 2
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @alex_bi,

Kindly share your sample data and excepted result to me.

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.
alex_bi
Frequent Visitor

I will describe the challenge from the start, since it might be easier to get another way to reach to the solution.

So I have a table with many columns. A number of these columns are  responses to a questionaire and hold the exact same variables, let's call them Var1,Var2,Var3,Var4.... Imagine the variables to be Yes, No, Maybe etc.

What I want to do is create a visual matrix where the rows are the questions, and the column is the count of "No". I must be able to sort the matrix so only the first N questiions (the ones with the highest counts of Nos) are shown.

I created a measure for each var (using COUNTAX  that counts the number of nos, and then used the "show as rows" option to create a visual matrix. However while the result is a visual matrix in the way I want, I cannot sort it/ filter only the top N. 

Any proposed solutions to this?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.