Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mmossel
Employee
Employee

Solve Gender Bias in Survey using relative percentage per category in one column

Hi,

I am analyzing a (gender equality) survey with 132 male and 93 female respondents. This gender imbalance in the sample influences the interpretation of survey questions, where men have a majority of the vote. How can I instead create a relative percentage of the votes per gender? So if 93/93 women vote YES, and 132/132 men vote NO, the visual should show a 100% men and 100% women. If 46.5/93 women vote YES and 66/132 men vote NO, then both visuals should show 50%.

So I would like to use the relative percentage of votes within that category of gender.

That means on the visual left, which describes just the respondents, it should show 100% on both bars.

mmossel_0-1611331149586.png

Sample dashboard: https://blobstorage123123.blob.core.windows.net/random/Samplereport.pbix

Thank you so much!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@mmossel , Please find if the attached file after signature can help

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
mmossel
Employee
Employee

hi @amitchandak,

Have you been able to download the sample report that I shared? Let me know, I've still not been able to solve the problem without you. Thank you!

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@mmossel , Can you share sample data and sample output in table format? Or a sample pbix after removing sensitive data.

On of the new measure for the first bar can be(assuming you are using measure)

divide([measure], calculate([measure], allexcept(Table, Table[gender])))

Hi @amitchandak 

Thank you, it's in the description now. I'll link it here too: https://blobstorage123123.blob.core.windows.net/random/Samplereport.pbix

@mmossel , Please find if the attached file after signature can help

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.