Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

nwetterer

Slow queries with MySQL 5.7

Hi,

Since I migrated mySQL server from version 5.6 to 5.7 table refresh is VERY long, i.e., for a single table the time went from few seconds to 9 minutes. Changing parameters in the MySQL server configuration did not correct anything.

I tried another solution : instead of selecting my table through the list of suggested tables I used the option to enter a direct query,  "select * from MyTable;".

With this the time to get all my records is again of few seconds!

I suppose that there must be a difference between the two ways to get the information but ultimately the job is to make a “Select”, so this difference is quite strange to me.

Well, with this solution I can get around with the processing time problems.

However, I have many views and reports depending on existing configuration, so I’d like to know is someone has found a solution in this configuration to keep on using the existing connections with a reasonable processing time.

Thanks for your help.

3 REPLIES 3
nwetterer

It seams that Excel is using the same interface than BI to query databases.

And it works exactly the same way : veeeery long when you connect to a table, and almost  instantaneaous with a select.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@nwetterer , can check if the latest .net driver for myql can help. If you are not using the latest one.

Thanks for your answer.

I allready have the latest .net driver. I also tried with previous versions.

At this time connecting to an "out of the box" mySQL server 5.6 works fine, but not with a 5.7 version.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.