Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

nwetterer

Slow queries with MySQL 5.7

Hi,

Since I migrated mySQL server from version 5.6 to 5.7 table refresh is VERY long, i.e., for a single table the time went from few seconds to 9 minutes. Changing parameters in the MySQL server configuration did not correct anything.

I tried another solution : instead of selecting my table through the list of suggested tables I used the option to enter a direct query,  "select * from MyTable;".

With this the time to get all my records is again of few seconds!

I suppose that there must be a difference between the two ways to get the information but ultimately the job is to make a “Select”, so this difference is quite strange to me.

Well, with this solution I can get around with the processing time problems.

However, I have many views and reports depending on existing configuration, so I’d like to know is someone has found a solution in this configuration to keep on using the existing connections with a reasonable processing time.

Thanks for your help.

3 REPLIES 3
nwetterer

It seams that Excel is using the same interface than BI to query databases.

And it works exactly the same way : veeeery long when you connect to a table, and almost  instantaneaous with a select.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@nwetterer , can check if the latest .net driver for myql can help. If you are not using the latest one.

Thanks for your answer.

I allready have the latest .net driver. I also tried with previous versions.

At this time connecting to an "out of the box" mySQL server 5.6 works fine, but not with a 5.7 version.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.