Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

lhaz
Frequent Visitor

Slicer for the data on an exact date not a range of dates

Hi,

I have a data set of a time span of three weeks and want to see the value of my data on specific dates

If I make a slicer with a list or dropdown this gives me a lot of possible selections. 

Therefore I would like to have a slicer which you can drag through the different dates (like the one for between, before and after). 

However I do not want to view my data within different ranges of time. I want to view what the values where on the exact date.

Is this in any way possible to achieve using a slicer like this?

Thank you! 

4 REPLIES 4
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi lhaz.

"Therefore I would like to have a slicer which you can drag through the different dates (like the one for between, before and after). "

<--- Could you give an example to describe your requirement more explicitly?

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Hi Jimmy,

I have a data set for a time span of three weeks. 

I would like to use the following type of slicer to access my data on different dates:

RangeRange
However using this slicer I am only able to access my data within a range of dates. I would like to have the same kind of slicer, but then be able to drag along the specific dates. So I would like to have only one dot which I can drag along the dates, like this:

Specific dateSpecific date
Hope this makes it more clear!

Laura 

Hi lhaz,

You can simply drag the right dot to overlap the left dot, then the slicer will filter only one date point.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Thejeswar
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @lhaz,

The Slice to select between would not be able to solve your need.

Instead, You can use a hierarchy slicer. This will help you select the dates just the way you do in Excel, thereby narrowing down your dates selection.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.