Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

tex628
Community Champion
Community Champion

Filters

This is not really regarding any current issue that i have but simple because i realized that i do not currently totally understand the structure of filters. 

My questions aimed towards to structure of filters.

What are context filters?
What are query filters?

Is there any clear way categorize different kinds of filters?

Is there any hierarchy to the structure of the filters?

What sparked these thoughts was an example i made for myself that i do not know how to solve. 

I create a measure, that depends on the filter value of a date-slicer.

This measure takes the value from the slicer to create a date-range depending on the input. 

The final step is that i display sales for this date-range.

How do i make my table/column visual ignore the filter provided by the date-slicer and only use the filter provided inside the measure? 

If anyone can help me shred some clarity on this it would be greatly appreciated! 

Br,
Johannes

Connect on LinkedIn
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @tex628,

It seems that you are looking for What is row context and filter context, you could have a good look at this article Row Context and Filter Context in DAX.

How do i make my table/column visual ignore the filter provided by the date-slicer and only use the filter provided inside the measure? 

If you don't want your data to be filtered by slicer you created, you could use the feature Edit Interactions in Power BI.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @tex628,

It seems that you are looking for What is row context and filter context, you could have a good look at this article Row Context and Filter Context in DAX.

If you don't want your data to be filtered by slicer you created, you could use the feature Edit Interactions in Power BI.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.