Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PavelS
Frequent Visitor

Slicer - Search what I wrote

Hello,

I would like to set a slicer in powerbi report to the order number, which the employee reads with a barcode reader (the reader works on the principle of a keyboard, he clicks in the search field slicer, scans the QR and the order number is written in the search field). However, he is working on a tablet and therefore I would need to solve the following two things:

After scanning the code (and typing the code into the Search bar), it needs to automatically search for that order, without having to confirm what I'm looking for, and when it loads the next order, it needs to delete the previous code (otherwise the new one would just be added after it and it wouldn't find anything.)

To put it in more detail. The flow is currently such that he retrieves the QR code, which he types into the Search field, then he sees all the orders that match the text (of course only one order pops up each time, because the Order Id is unique), but he still needs to click on the tile of that order to confirm the filter and it will filter through to the other visuals.

2 REPLIES 2
v-mengzhu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @PavelS ,

Not sure if this what you want:

when I choose code D, it will filter information related to D, if I change other code, it will display correspending data.

vmengzhumsft_0-1662098056446.png

If I misunderstand your meanings, please tell me in time.

Best regards,

Community Support Team Selina zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Thank you for your reply.
Unfortunately, that's not exactly what I need. The user who will use the report wants to click as little as possible. The ideal report solution is as follows:
The user reads the QR code with a reader, this will automatically filter out the given "Order_ID". After he reads another QR code, a new "Order_ID" is loaded. Currently I came up with a solution where he has to click into the filter search box, then it loads the QR code which is written into the filter box. Then he has to click on the search icon to get the Order_ID filtered, when he wants to load the next order he has to clear the previous search with the icon, click again from the filter field and load another QR code. And it does all this on the tablet.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.