Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Pandangus
Frequent Visitor

Slicer Search in DirectQuery

Hello, 

I'm using DirectQuery to connect to the database, and the client wants slicers with search bars. When I try to type in the search bar however, the slicer visual breaks and I get the same error message as attached. 

Is it possible to search through a slicer in this way whilst using DirectQuery?

Kindest regards,

Angus

Power BI Search DirectQuery.png

1 REPLY 1
v-yaningy-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Pandangus 

According to your description, this seems like an issue, if the search function is not important in the overall functionality, you can discard this feature point for now; if it is important, you can convert the connection mode to Import (the Import connection mode loads the data into the pbix file, making the model very large). We will continue to follow up on this issue, and if it is determined to be an issue, we will report it to the product team, who will follow up to fix it, and we will update the progress here if there is any progress.

Related link: Search on Slicer not working for Direct Query but ... - Microsoft Fabric Community

Best Regards,
Yang
Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

How to get your questions answered quickly --  How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.