Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Slicer Default selection

Hi,

I have two 2 slicers SB and SC both are referring same column and idea is that SB should have default value when report opens so i made it as single selection and SC should have a option to select upto 4 columns. Finally need to display 1(default value)+4(selected values in my gantt chart) how can we achieve this?

SB
Name 1 (Default)
Name 2
Name 3
Name 4
Name 5..etc

SC
Name 1 (no issue to keep same value)
Name 2
Name 3
Name 4
Name 5
Name 6 (etc. upto 4 values users can select)

In my Sc slicer users can select any 4 values. Final result is to show in my Gantt chart is 1+4 selected values

Thanks,

Venkat

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hello @venkatcgn3 ,

According to its description, I created a new table as a slicer and hid the Gantt chart based on whether the user selected four options.

I added default options and slicer options to measure and apply the measure in the visual level filter of the gantt visual.

V-lianl-msft_0-1605767062664.png

See sample .pbix

Best regards
Liang
If this post helps, then consider Accept it as the solution to help other members find it faster.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hello @venkatcgn3 ,

According to its description, I created a new table as a slicer and hid the Gantt chart based on whether the user selected four options.

I added default options and slicer options to measure and apply the measure in the visual level filter of the gantt visual.

V-lianl-msft_0-1605767062664.png

See sample .pbix

Best regards
Liang
If this post helps, then consider Accept it as the solution to help other members find it faster.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , Two slicers on single can only work when atleast one of them comes from an independent table.

This example for date table. but true else where too -https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Comparing-Data-Across-Date-Ranges/ba-p/823601

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.