Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Simplified create a Date column from this columns Min Date to Today

Hello All,

I see many ways to customize dates fro slicers, except I am not sure if this is possible what I am tryign to do or I can't find a solution for it. 

I want to creat a coulmn/measrue/whatever works for a slicer based on a columns min date and up to today. This should update daily.
example:

Slicer_Dates = MIN('ROE Dates') to Today()

Or

If this is not possible one column's Min day up to another columns Max day. The max day will keep growing and I need this to change as it grows.

Example:

Slicer_Dates = Min('ROE Dates') to MAX('FSO sent to country')

Is there a way to do this?

Example of data frame:

Roe Date would be my MIN date

FSO sent to country would be my MAX date

example.JPG

I would like is the ROE date of 9/14/21(this is the min date for this project) and the max date to be for either todays date or FSO Complete's max date. I want this on one slicer. 

Example of the two slicer dates I want to have together that update as the MAX (FSO Complete/Sent to county Same column) date contiues to grows daily:
example 2.JPG

Goal:

I want one slicer that has the MIN date of one column and the MAX date of another. OR if it is easier just up to todays date. 

So for today my slicer should be from 9-14-21 to 5-20-22

tomorrow it would be 9-14-21 to 5-21-22, the next day the MAX date will be 5-22-22, etc.,  becasue the data grows daily. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

This youtube videos solves this.

This video shows how to make a Dynamic adn Relative Calendar based on two seprate columns, that can be used to make a Slicer I need for my visuals.

https://youtu.be/lDjKS3Ur3ks

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

This youtube videos solves this.

This video shows how to make a Dynamic adn Relative Calendar based on two seprate columns, that can be used to make a Slicer I need for my visuals.

https://youtu.be/lDjKS3Ur3ks

speedramps
Super User
Super User

There is no "FSO Complete's" in you example table. 🙁

Sorry I wanted to help, but I am a volunter and frankly I rather go help other people who take more care to explain problems.

Please stop rushing anf take more care next time. You will get answers quicker. 😀😀😀

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks FSO complete is FSO sent to county same column. I forgot I renamed it before posting the picture. 

I do not think this is comlicated.

I want one slicer that has the min date of one column and the max date of another. that's it

So for today my slicer should be from 9-14-21 to 5-20-22

tomorrow it would be 9-14-21 to 5-21-22 becasue the data grows daily. 

Column titles are irrelevent. 

speedramps
Super User
Super User

This looks a rushed and poor description. ☹️

We want to help.
Please can you provide example data + the desired output + a better description. Thanks 😀

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just added more to the descrip and output desired. Basicly one slicer with the min date for the column labeld ROE date,

and

the max date should grow as the days go by

or

Max date should be equal to the column FSO Sent to country dates. (this grows daily)

speedramps
Super User
Super User

Hi jacquetrahan

Please can you provide example data, the desired output and a better description. Thanks 😀

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Speedramps. I just updated teh post to give an example of what I am looking for. Let me know if this is enough information. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.