Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MartinConroy
Frequent Visitor

Simple toggle to select how to view data in different ways

Struggling with some basics here I feel so would appreciate help!

I have a report where I want respondents to be able to switch between 3 main ways of viewing the data:

1. Show all records
  2. Show records where field "X" has a set value of 1
  3. Show records where field "Y" is the highest of all listed values. i.e. if list contains rows with values of 10, 11, and 12 it will just show rows with 12. I want this to be dynamic though so if a row is added with a value of 13 it would select just that row.

Please could someone point me in the direction of:

1. how I can best provide a toggle. Is a series of bookmarks the solution like this?
  2. how can I dynamically filter my data to only show option 3 above

TIA from a novice trying to learn!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I think if you wanted to go that route, bookmarks would be the better option.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
MartinConroy
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the quick response Clay - very informative. From what I can see this creates the same view three different way.s If I have multiple pages is there a way that I can apply these filters across all the pages i.e apply them from one selection rather than duplicating and applying page level filters.
Thank you!

I think if you wanted to go that route, bookmarks would be the better option.

claymcooper
Resolver II
Resolver II

You have a couple of options here. Both of which can produce the same result and have the same basic steps. Either way you go you'll have to filter the data to achieve the same result.

For View 1. you don't need any filters, you just need to build your report.

For View 2. drop field x into the filter panel for filters on this page and set it equal to 1

For View 3. filter the page by field y using the TopN feature. TopN would need to equal 1 so it can pick up only the highest value.

Now for the toggle. You can create bookmarks and buttons to toggle between each view. However, I personally don't like working with bookmarks. I always end up messing up the bookmarks when I update them. Nothing against bookmarks, I just try not to use them.

What I would do is create view #1 and duplicate the tab 2 more times. Apply the filters for views 1 and 2 to the other two pages, and use page nagivation between the three. You can hide the additional tabs if you want a cleaner look.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.