Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

asimh_pbi

Sign in process - is Business Intelligence making MS less intelligent (avoiding filtered words here)

Hi, I tried to return to PowerBI community after a while (have been doing easier things which didn't need to post a questions).  It took me whole morning session to sign up AGAIN. And now I feel like I deserve a PhD just for signing up. Here is my commentary and suggestions (bug reporting possibly)

1. Tried to sign-up with my good old hotmail personal account. But Community Portal required Organisational Account. Which is 13 step process (in the guide which is outdated - screenshots don't match the latest UI). I understand that MS would want to push the users to join AD since Desktop is free and money is when users sign up to service. But there can be other intelligent ways of pushing one more gently.

2. Signup up for org account, and then tried to log in to community portal - nah!

2a. MS wanted me to change my password. I tried different combination which MS thought were too familiar to them. So ended up using some PRAISE words for MS in my password phrase. And that got me in 🙂

3. Can I log in now? Nopes! MS wanted me to prove my intelligence and made me jump through another (faulty) hoop. I would need to sign up for Community ID (or some other meaning less name).

3. I tried to get that Community Identity. Typed in the name and it asked me to prove that I am not a robot (didn't show the captcha box). Took 50 tries and clicking on ACTUAL terms and condition like (not just the checkbox) to show the captcha box.

4. Finally got in - and this is my first community post. 🙂

Do you see (or care about my community name being different from my personal email account name or about my org id?)

1 REPLY 1
v-lid-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @asimh_pbi ,

Glad to see that you joined this community, We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this signup process have caused.

We cannot see your personal account and organization id, you can ask here without posting those information, we also suggest you to post your questions without any Confidential Information or Real data.

If you have any other questions about this scenario, please kindly ask here and we will try to resolve it.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Dong Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.