Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

doriel
Regular Visitor

Showing filter values

Hello friends.

I would like to ask question, how to show filter values in textbox (or some other element?)?

We have data with columns: machines, pieces produced, pieces rejected, dates, userID, etc.

I can filter production from one specific day for example. But When I want to export to the PDF, its not obvioius, which values I selected.

I tried to dynamically show some values in text boxes.. I tried "show machine name", which shows I think all active data, cant uderstand that how it works. If I select one machine its OK, but for more selected, its not accurate. Where can I learn this syntax, please?

I cant recognize which programming language to use in the sentence editor 🙂

Example: selected all machines, textbox shows only first database record.

filter.PNG

Thanks for directions, so far I love the Power BI, its very cool tool! 🙂

Doriel.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
johnt75
Super User
Super User

In DAX Studio, right click on the table you want to get filters for and choose "Define Filter Dump Measure". There's also an option to define it for all tables. You could edit that to only include the tables you are interested in.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
johnt75
Super User
Super User

In DAX Studio, right click on the table you want to get filters for and choose "Define Filter Dump Measure". There's also an option to define it for all tables. You could edit that to only include the tables you are interested in.

OK, I managed to put the DAX code into the measure column.

Now it shows filtered values. Thanks for directions, @johnt75 !

But If I fliter date, it shows all filtered values. I filter relative date (lats 30 days for example) and the filter is not showing the lowes date, it shows all values (selected 305 items, for example).

How could I program the column, so it shows only the lowest date? Desired information would be "date: from --.--.---- to --.--.----"

Any idea, please?date.PNG

MIN function does the job 😄

Greetings @johnt75 and thanks for your contribution.

The DAX Studio is an different application. I should create "Filter Dump measure" and then implement the code into Power BI? I use Power BI desktop application, downloaded DAX studio, opened my project and created dump filter query. What should I do next?

Should I copy the DAX source code into Power BI application? The output from DAX studion seems to be *.DAX file, I will try to import it to the Power BI somehow, but if you could give me another hint, I would be very very gratefull  😎 

Sincerely yours,

Doriel.dax.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.