Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Show date range from relative date filter

I have a visual level filter on my invoice date that is relative date filtering for this week.

Date Filter.PNG

How would I get that date range to show in my title card? Here is the current DAX I am using for the title card that also accounts for a "global" slicer that I have on the whole report. (Sorry about my potentially weird formatting on the DAX).

Parts Weekly Titlecard = "Parts Weekly Scoreboard | " &
IF(AND(ISFILTERED('Variable Budget Calendar'[Year-Month]),
VALUE(RIGHT(SELECTEDVALUE('Variable Budget Calendar'[Year-Month],""),2)) = MONTH(today())),
"Showing Progress as of: "&TODAY(),
"Showing Results for: " &SELECTEDVALUE('Variable Budget Calendar'[Year-Month],"No Date Selected"))

Title card.PNG

So obviously the chunk in question comes after "Showing Progress as of: " (I have it as TODAY() right now just because it works)

I was thinking (MIN(SELECTEDVALUE('Parts Counter with Avgs'[InvoiceDate]) & " - " & MAX(SELECTEDVALUE('Parts Counter with Avgs'[InvoiceDate])) or some variant thereof would work but am having no luck. Even just SELECTEDVALUE('Parts Counter with Avgs'[InvoiceDate]) returns a blank.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gonna go out on a limb here and answer my own question.

Here is the working DAX. Just gotta make sure the card has the same filter!

"Showing Progress as of: "&MIN('Parts Counter with Avgs'[InvoiceDate])&" - "&MAX('Parts Counter with Avgs'[InvoiceDate])

Parts Weekly Scorecard = "Parts Weekly Scoreboard | " &
VALUE(RIGHT(SELECTEDVALUE('Variable Budget Calendar'[Year-Month],""),2)) = MONTH(today())),
"Showing Progress as of: "&MIN('Parts Counter with Avgs'[InvoiceDate])&" - "&MAX('Parts Counter with Avgs'[InvoiceDate]),
"Showing Results for: " &SELECTEDVALUE('Variable Budget Calendar'[Year-Month],"No Date Selected"))

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gonna go out on a limb here and answer my own question.

Here is the working DAX. Just gotta make sure the card has the same filter!

"Showing Progress as of: "&MIN('Parts Counter with Avgs'[InvoiceDate])&" - "&MAX('Parts Counter with Avgs'[InvoiceDate])

Parts Weekly Scorecard = "Parts Weekly Scoreboard | " &
"Showing Progress as of: "&MIN('Parts Counter with Avgs'[InvoiceDate])&" - "&MAX('Parts Counter with Avgs'[InvoiceDate]),

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.