Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Mous007
Helper IV
Helper IV

Show data up- to selected period ONLY on visuals

Hi all,

I have the following on one of my reports:

When i select for e.g May in period filter, i can still see data from June. I have desabled the interaction between the period filter and the visual because i want to show the trend over time. But my users what to only see data up to the selected period e.g. May in this case and if i selected March i would only be able to see data up to March and so on ...

Mous007_1-1592926068342.png

Any idea on how i can tackle this issue please or any hints on where and what i should trying to do  ?

Any additional information you need please just let me know.

Best,

Mous

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-deddai1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Mous007

Would you please try to create a new table for slicer period:

Table 2 = VALUES('Table'[Period])

Then create a meaure and add it to visual level filter:

Measure = IF(HASONEVALUE('Table 2'[Period]),IF(MAX('Table'[Month]) <= CALCULATE(VALUES('Table'[Month]),FILTER(ALL('Table'),'Table'[Period] in DISTINCT('Table 2'[Period]))),1,0),1)

Capture.PNG

And you can also refer to the pbix file: https://qiuyunus-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/pbipro_qiuyunus_onmicrosoft_com/EadLOplmogFGjVsVrx...

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it...

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-deddai1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Mous007

Would you please try to create a new table for slicer period:

Table 2 = VALUES('Table'[Period])

Then create a meaure and add it to visual level filter:

Measure = IF(HASONEVALUE('Table 2'[Period]),IF(MAX('Table'[Month]) <= CALCULATE(VALUES('Table'[Month]),FILTER(ALL('Table'),'Table'[Period] in DISTINCT('Table 2'[Period]))),1,0),1)

Capture.PNG

And you can also refer to the pbix file: https://qiuyunus-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/pbipro_qiuyunus_onmicrosoft_com/EadLOplmogFGjVsVrx...

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it...

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

Hello @v-deddai1-msft, thanks a lot. your approach solves my issue for the visuals but if i got it right i will now have to use two seperate filters ?

-------

Update: i used the sync slicer options and sync both slicers under the same group name. used the selection page to hide the second slicer and its all good now.

Thanks again @v-deddai1-msft .

Best regards,

Mous

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.