Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Raymond1983
Regular Visitor

Data dissapears in matrix

Hi,

I looked around on the internet for a couple of hours but can't find a solution. 

I have got some tables wich is my information. The lookup tables. This is information about projectnumbers and names.  Quotation / offer numbers and names. And billingnumbers and names. So, on a project, a supplier can get an assignment to deliver something wich is set into the system as a quotation number. Later, the supplier will send the first bill, second bill, etc for that number.

I have 2 tables wich is the data. One has the Quotation infomation. One has the billing information.

Sometimes, for one project, there is no bill yet, but an assignment is given, so there is a quotation number.

When I put this data in a Matrix table in Power BI Desktop. And you zoom in on the project number, you see the quotation numbers. (I have the data for this in one column A) If I zoom in on the quotation number, you see the bills that are send. (this is in another column B). 

But........

If there is no bill yet. The row with the Quotation number magically dissapears in the matrix table. So it only goes on level lower if there is a bill. Solution is to zoomout again with the arrow up at the rightuppercorner of the matrix. Or maybe reset the table a bit untill you see the proper data again.

For me, this is understandable. But for my users, they have no clue what is happening. Don't know about the options to zoom out and reset the table. Just continue but have incomplete information about there projects.

Is there any way to just show empty rows if there is no bill? Or to put a warning that you cant zoom any further at this particular quotation? Or to just leave it as it is but not remove the row?

Thanks in Advance

3 REPLIES 3
FarhanAhmed
Community Champion
Community Champion

Right Click on the Bill Number in Matrix Visual Field List and Click "Show Items with No Data" and see if this solves your problem.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!

Hi, thanks for the reply

It doesnt help since he then shows under the projectnumber every single quotation number that is in the lookup table, and under the quotation number every single bill that is in the data table. So that ends up with a big big list of empty unnecassery rows with numbers for every projectnumber.

Hi @Raymond1983 

Do you check if you have correct relationships among tables and the "aggregation" of columns?

If this problem still occurs and is related to designing, you could share some simple example so we can make a test.

Best Regards

Maggie

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.