Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

naoki
Helper I
Helper I

Show as blank based on selection

Hi, 

I would like to show numbers as blanks when a selection from a slicer is selected. 

When I select buy, I don't need to see target. Similarly for certain country selection, I don't need to see target for all country only selected country even though there are targets set for them those countries target do not matter to me at this level. If either one or both options are selected, when I mouse over, target should be blank. Below is my DAX, it is now showing either selection as (blank). 

Target = IF(ISFILTERED ('Table'[Sell/buy]),
IF(SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[Sell/buy]) = "buy", BLANK()),
CALCULATE([Target],USERELATIONSHIP(table'[Country],'Table'[Country])))

Capture.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@v-yuta-msft 

I managed to find the solution to hide based on 2 slicers, it is now showing blanks if I select either one or both choices. 

Target = IF(ISFILTERED ('Table'[Col]),
IF(SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[Col])="Sell",  
IF(ISFILTERED ('Table'[Col]),
IF(SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[Col])="{CountryA, Country B}",  
CALCULATE([Target],USERELATIONSHIP('Table1'[Col],'Table2'[Col])),
BLANK()))

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
naoki
Helper I
Helper I

Update 1: 

I managed to get the target to not show for the first selection of buy/sell, however I am unable to get the target to hide for the country selection. 

Below is my DAX, how should I edit it to allow 2 selections? From two different tables 

BLANK()))

Note: All data is edited and I am unable to share my PBIX file, as my data is confidential. However, I will still try to provide as much information possible. 

@naoki ,

Have you dragged some to target field? If you have, the target value will be shown in the Gauge chart and can't be controlled by slicer.

Capture.PNG 

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yuta-msft 

I managed to find the solution to hide based on 2 slicers, it is now showing blanks if I select either one or both choices. 

IF(ISFILTERED ('Table'[Col]),
IF(SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[Col])="{CountryA, Country B}",  
BLANK()))

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.