Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Beefhamburger
Frequent Visitor

Show Data Point as a Table Zero Values

I am fairly new to BI so I apologize if this question has been answered before, I was unable to find it. When I go to show data point as a table for certain elements, the resulting table has all 0 values in the column that was summarized. For example, this is a simple sum of values 

Beefhamburger_0-1663683199894.png

Beefhamburger_1-1663683701216.png

I can manually set the field in the visualization to display a max value, for example, and regain those 0 values. However leaving the visualization resets this for the next "Show Data Point" and I would prefer if the end-user did not have to alter any fields in this manner.  Does anyone have any tips on how to fix this? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

HI @Beefhamburger ,

When I show data point as a table I see the right results. See below:

Pragati11_0-1663686384366.pngPragati11_1-1663686404323.png

I am using a summarisation on my value field as well:

Pragati11_2-1663686451544.png

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Pragati11
Super User
Super User

Hi @Beefhamburger ,

First question - What version of Power Bi are you using?

Second question - I tried replicating this at my end and seems to work. Can you add more details to the underlying data on the pie-chart visual please?

test11.gif

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

I am using the newest version of BI Desktop. In your demo, you are "showing the data as a table" which works fine on my end and displays the data for the chart in tabular form. What I am trying to do is show the underlying records in the data itself with "show data point as a table."  That is where the zero values are introduced on each record for the field I summarized in the chart. I am sure it has to do with the chart being a SUM metric, but I'm not sure why the underlying records then have all 0 values in the column I am looking at.  Again, I can go to the visualization column in question and set it to another function and regain those values but I'm not certain why it's not simply displaying the actual underlying records. 

Beefhamburger_0-1663685948145.pngBeefhamburger_1-1663685960825.png

HI @Beefhamburger ,

When I show data point as a table I see the right results. See below:

Pragati11_0-1663686384366.pngPragati11_1-1663686404323.png

I am using a summarisation on my value field as well:

Pragati11_2-1663686451544.png

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.