Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Show Changes in Month without resuming x axis datetime data

Hi I have this dispersion graph every dot represents a datetimezone datatype on x axis. I want to just show changes in months in x axis. For example this would be nice to accomplish as x-axis data in order to being able to visualize changing in month but without lossing the visibility of the data (without resuming). I just put the data below the graph I want to hide

julioagh_1-1628288290733.png

This is how I want to show the info. I know I can hide x-axis with the toggle option but I dont know how to add the dates as shownm below

julioagh_3-1628288899820.png

01/05/2021                                      01/06/2021                                                                                        01/07/2021

Any tip would be really appreciated

4 REPLIES 4
mahoneypat
Employee
Employee

You are looking in the right place if you are using a line chart.  What type of chart are you using?  Also, is the column used on the x-axis set to Date data type?

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mahoneypat actually is a Dispersion Graph and my x-axis is DateTimeZone datatype

mahoneypat
Employee
Employee

Do you have your x-axis set as categorical or continuous?  If categorical, try switching that first.

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @mahoneypat. I dont know why but my x-axis do not show me that option.

X- axis ( Color, Font size, Font family, Width of minimum category, Maximum size, Internal space, Title )

julioagh_0-1628521106644.png

Any clarification would be really appreciated. Perhaps I need to do something with the data before, in order enable that feature but I don´t know what exactly is needed.

Thank for your help,

Julio

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.