Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

SwathiBadveli
Helper I
Helper I

Show Both month and year in X-axis

Hi,

When my data is many years that mean many years of data then the visual in x-axis is displaying only year and data with less years the x-axis is showing both month and year. Even we are taking the column from calendar table month and year column its the same issue,  why is it so? Can anyone justify my question? 

SwathiBadveli_0-1700200320125.png

The above snip shows data having many years and when i taken date column in x-axis the visual showing only year.

SwathiBadveli_1-1700200411774.png

The above snip shows data with less years and now the visual is showing both month and year and its not showing for all the months.
I need to show both month and year in X-axis.

5 REPLIES 5
SwathiBadveli
Helper I
Helper I

Yes,we had used month and year column from Calendar table in our report,I just shared the sample file snips.

Awmium

Try Creating a Hierarchy of Month and Year then post it to the X-Axis

Fowmy
Super User
Super User

@SwathiBadveli 

The type option in your X Axis is set to "Continues" so it gets adjusted on the X axis to show maximum possible granularity ranging from date up to year. If you change the Type to "Categorical" it will show you at Date level which is not what you need here.

If you need to show Month and Year regardless of the number of years of data displayed on your chart, use the "Month and Year column on the X Axis". This should solve your problem.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! and hit thumbs up

Subscribe and learn Power BI from these videos

Website LinkedIn PBI User Group

Hi,

Actually we are taking month and year column from Calandar table even taking that column we are facing this issue, and if we are going for Categorical there is data for so many years and its showing scroll bar on the visual so we selected continous.

@SwathiBadveli 

Looking at the screenshot that you have shared, you have used Date on the X-Axis, have you tried using the "Month and Year" column instead?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! and hit thumbs up

Subscribe and learn Power BI from these videos

Website LinkedIn PBI User Group

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.