Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PowerVisualBI
Helper I
Helper I

Show All Value in Donut Chart with DAX

Hello all
I have a problem with DAX
I have slicer company and month for 3 companies. But there is a need to add one option in the slicer company which is "Consol". When I press the console, then all the values will appear as shown on the donut chart now.

PowerVisualBI_0-1660456757047.png

I need a DAX formula when I press a company in a certain month, then the donut chart will display the revenue from that company (I have made a DAX formula). But if I press the console, it will display all the revenue values of each company.
Thanks you

The following is the file
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nlZhVeagoqqgaCfe5gU6mkKN7Kkd0GYJ/view?usp=sharing

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
mahoneypat
Employee
Employee

In that case, you still need the disconnected slicer with

CompanySlicer = DISTINCT(Table1[Company])

and the updated measure (using your original Table1 column in the visual).

NewMeasure = var companyselections = DISTINCT(CompanySlicer[Company])
var table2companies = DISTINCT(Table1[Company])
return IF("Consol" in companyselections, CALCULATE(SUM(Table1[Revenue]), Table1[Company] in table2companies), CALCULATE(SUM(Table1[Revenue]), KEEPFILTERS(treatas(companyselections, Table1[Company]))))

mahoneypat_0-1660524217168.png

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
mahoneypat
Employee
Employee

In that case, you still need the disconnected slicer with

CompanySlicer = DISTINCT(Table1[Company])

and the updated measure (using your original Table1 column in the visual).

NewMeasure = var companyselections = DISTINCT(CompanySlicer[Company])
var table2companies = DISTINCT(Table1[Company])
return IF("Consol" in companyselections, CALCULATE(SUM(Table1[Revenue]), Table1[Company] in table2companies), CALCULATE(SUM(Table1[Revenue]), KEEPFILTERS(treatas(companyselections, Table1[Company]))))

mahoneypat_0-1660524217168.png

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

Hi Sir @mahoneypat 
I tried based on your input, but still can't sir. the result is like this, I tried to check in one month, it didn't work. And if you just select the console without selecting the month, the result is the same as this

PowerVisualBI_0-1660530810457.png

PowerVisualBI_1-1660530826800.png

Or maybe can you send the file to me sir? for me to try to analyze.
Thanks sir @mahoneypat 

Please see the file.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1K25HgbvCA9Kub0LGtx2DlgHDV2dYHg0t/view?usp=sharing

Pat

Sorry sir @mahoneypat , you enabled sensitivity label in Power Bi File, so I can't login
Can you delete it? I would be very helpful if you did. Thank you

Good to confirm that feature is working. My bad. I changed it to Public and updated the link in previous post.

Pat

mahoneypat
Employee
Employee

One way to do that would be to first remove the "Consol" row from your data table, then make a disconnected table that has the Company names and "Console" (one way to do that is with UNION like below).

CompanySlicer = UNION(DISTINCT(Table2[Company]), {"Consol"})

Also, you don't need to make 3 separate measures. A single measure will work and let the visual create the filters you need for each company.

NewMeasure =
VAR companyselections =
DISTINCT ( CompanySlicer[Company] )
VAR table2companies =
DISTINCT ( Table2[Company] )
RETURN
IF (
"Consol" IN companyselections,
CALCULATE ( SUM ( Table2[Revenue] ), Table2[Company] IN table2companies ),
CALCULATE (
SUM ( Table2[Revenue] ),
KEEPFILTERS ( TREATAS ( companyselections, Table2[Company] ) )
)
)

Note that the original Company name field is used in the visual and the disconnected table is used in the slicer.

Pat

Thanks for the answer sir @mahoneypat 
Actually the choice of the Company Console also has its own value. But I don't show the value, because I want the value for the company console options from the other three companies. That's why I wrote it has no value like the picture below.

PowerVisualBI_0-1660518242006.png

I can't delete the console row from the table and create a disconnected table because this will affect other visualizations.
I just want when I click the console option that appears is the Revenue value of the three companies from the existing DAX formula.
Could you give me a hint?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.